Started Jul 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jim Holloman
Regular MemberPosts: 140
Like?
I need a 12-60 2.8-3.5 MFT lens
Jul 13, 2012

I don't care about video. I don't care about power zoom. I need a fast, MFT zoom lens that would be the equivalent of the FT 12-60 mounted on an E-3; good quality images and fast focus.

The 12-60 on the E-3 does the job when shooting action in moderate light. The 12-50 on the OM-D doesn't. The 12-60 FT lens mounted, using the adapter, on the OM-D doesn't. Using a manual focus lens on the OM-D doesn't (including the 12-60 FT lens in manual focus mode).

I would very much like to be able to use the OM-D to track a moving subject in moderate light at 50mm to 60mm FL -- like the 12-60 on the E-3. Currently, I miss half the shots because there are either blurred or out-of-focus.

I appreciate the size, weight, and high ISO of the OM-D. But, it is no replacement for a DSLR like the E-3 because we do not have lenses that are equivalent in function and capability; especially including light capturing and focus speed.

Olympus E-3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow