Nikon D800 vs D700 for amateur wildlife photo

Started Jul 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
sjprintz
Regular MemberPosts: 382Gear list
Like?
Re: Nikon D800 vs D700 for amateur wildlife photo
In reply to colinchisholm, Jul 13, 2012

I too had the D300 and just upgraded. I am an amateur as well. I had a mix of DX and FX lenses.

I must say that the D800 is an amazing camera. The DR is great and much improved over the D300. I don't have numbers, but after a few hours with the D800 you will see the difference. In addition, you get excellent low light capabilities and FX. You can use any Nikon DX lens on the D800 and it will automatically shoot in DX mode, which is a very nice feature. I have had good results using my 10-24mm DX lens and 17-55mm lens on the D800. Some people will wonder why am I using a DX lens on this great FX body, and the answer is that I already owned these lenses. I am gradually switching to full frame but I will do it when I have excess funds. If you upgrade, you won't look back.

SJP

sjprintz's gear list:sjprintz's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.4D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow