Started Jul 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dibs2010
Contributing MemberPosts: 554
Like?
HX9v vs. Rx100 Video quality
Jul 13, 2012

Sorry for creating a thread on such a minor aspect (atleast for most folks) but since i did not get any response to this question when I asked about it in another thread, I thought of posting it directly here.

I am on the fence and some advice on this issue can really help me decide whether Rx100 is the camera for us or not.

I mainly shoot with a DSLR but I have an Hx9v as well which is mainly used by my wife. Although I absolutely love the video quality of hx9v, i absolutely hate its picture quality because of all the detail smudging. So, we mainly use it for video.

I am really interested in this camera as a replacement for hx9v but I definitely don't want to compromise on the video quality (from the samples i have seen, the pic quality seems miles ahead of hx9v). I especially love the in-camera video stabilization of hx9v - i have used a lot of compacts over the years but nothing ever came close to hx9v in terms of in-camera video stabilization and overall quality.

Can someone who owns both Hx9v and Rx100 compare on the video quality of the two with respect to:

a) In-camera video stabilization
b) Overall video quality (at par, below, about the same?)

Thanks!

-- hide signature --
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX9V Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow