Pentax-M 40mm f2.8 pancake lens. (2 imgs)

Started Jul 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
Ari Aikomus
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,768
Like?
With Pentax M 40/2.8 "pancake" ...
In reply to brandrx, Jul 12, 2012

Hi,

brandrx wrote:

Cane wrote:

What's up with all the chain link fences around those nice houses? You don't see that often.

Nice houses? Not really. These houses were built in 1940-1943 for the coal miners and cost all of the folks around here US $3600 at that time. I think my folks paid $39 per month on their morgage.

That one house on the right just went through about $100,000 worth of renovation. I would not have done that myself. If I had that kind of money I would have moved to a different town/city.

Everyone around here has one or more dogs. The fences are to keep their own dogs from running free and other folks' dogs from coming into their yard.

But - That's sounds like a cozy ...;-D

In Finland we have a lot of areas where houses was built cheaply after World War II. A lot of people still live in these houses and a lot of them will be renovated.

I still like Pentax-M 40/2.8 pancake as nice lens. Sometimes I think it can even produce kind of "3D" look - could be much better on FF sensor, but not bad with APS too!

Here are couple of my shots with that lens (with K10D):

IR image with K10D+ M40/2.8 :

regards,

Ari

-- hide signature --

• Ari Aikomus -

'Why should I feel lonely ? is not our planet in the Milky way?'

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow