Started Jul 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Trakl
New MemberPosts: 15
Like?
Lens to use for interiors with D800e
Jul 12, 2012

I plan to use a D800e for a project photographing the interior spaces of libraries.

Here are some old examples, from when I first conceived of this project: http://www.flickr.com/photos/joelbrouwer/sets/72157628794983973/ .

Those were taken with my old 7D and 17-55, at 17mm (about 27mm FX equivalent).

I would like a lens to put on the D800e to continue this project.

I don't like zoom lenses very much, so let's set aside the 14-24 and consider other options.

I am attracted to the Zeiss 21, which everyone calls "legendary." I am also intrigued, though, by the 24mm PCE from Nikon.

The Zeiss seems to have the better reputation for image quality. The fact that it is manual focus doesn't bother me at all. I'm in no rush.

The Nikon PCE lens of course has the perspective control capability. I would have to learn how to use that; I've never tried such a lens before.

I am wondering which of these will be best for the task at hand, and I welcome your thoughts. If there are other lenses I should consider, please let me know that, too.

Oh, I'll add that it's my understanding that Nikon's other PCE lenses have somewhat better IQ than the 24mm, but I fear they would not be wide enough for this application?

Thank you.

Canon EOS 7D Nikon D800E
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow