ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
do Lagho
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Uninformed speculation about LX-7
Jul 12, 2012

Some thoughts about the LX-7

I have no insider information, these are only speculation.

First my assumptions:

Roughly the same shape and size of LX-5.
Multi-aspect sensor.

Lens characteristics should be similar: 24mm equivalent, f2 at wide end. The tele would be more or less than 90mm equivalent, depending on sensor size.
Prize similar to LX-5 at release.

One easy conclusion is compatibility with GX-1 viewfinder, so no integrated viewfinder (I would like one but don't expect it).

Another is that the sensor will be bigger based on declarations by Panasonic representatives. How bigger?

I would discard the CX size for various reasons. First the two sensors that already exists are 3/2 format, Panasonic would need a 4/3 format and oversize it to keep multi-aspect. Second to keep the lens reasonably fast towards the tele would make the camera too thick.

The most probable is 2/3" size as it would keep parity with Fuji X10, and would suppose essentially expanding the same design.

Less probable would be super 16 as there are no sensors of this size. But is a film format so it cases well with Panasonic focus on video and it would be a bit smaller than CX but in the same ballpark.

This would imply a new lens design reusing elements from the 14-42x. The toggle on the barrel for zoom would be a welcome addition, at least for me. All this seems too expensive compared with LX-5 but Sony RX-100 is selling well, so who knows.

Your thoughts?

Fujifilm X10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow