Louisville Riverfront Fireworks - E-M5 w/ 12-50 lens

Started Jul 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
DLBlack
Forum ProPosts: 10,787Gear list
Like?
Re: Louisville Riverfront Fireworks - E-M5 w/ 12-50 lens
In reply to joe talks photography gear, Jul 12, 2012

joe talks photography gear wrote:

some of the captures are outstanding, others are decent. I am not sure the lens matched the camera's potential here, but good for a kit lens no doubt.

How very true. I haven't figured out if it is user error or something with the equipment. I am leaning on user error since the camera is new and I haven't tried it out in that many different situations.

I haven't formed a solid opinion of the 12-50 kit lens but my initial opinion is that it is just another kit lens and I now remember why I don't like kit lenses. Still it is nice that it is weather-sealed.

Maybe if the future I will get the Panasonic 12-35/2.8. It seems to be more like I am use to. I still have to wait a while to see what the initial buyers are saying about the lens. I am looking forward to the Olympus 60 macro to get a true macro lens. Also the Panasonic 25/1.4 lens is on my must buy list. Just have to find it "in-stock" at the same time I have some money. The E-M5 is new enough that it along with the 45/1.4 and FL600R still have shown up on my monthly credit card statement.

Dave
--

DLBlack's gear list:DLBlack's gear list
Pentax K-7 Pentax K-5 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 +24 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow