Selling the OM-D in favor of a fully fledged DSLR?

Started Jul 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
eltocliousus
Regular MemberPosts: 143
Like?
Selling the OM-D in favor of a fully fledged DSLR?
Jul 12, 2012

I've had the OM-D for a month or so now and it's a great camera, I do enjoy using it, however I'm still carrying a bag around with misc items (flash, tripod, legacy lenses, the grips etc) and the camera being small, which I believe is the biggest selling point of m43 is completely void in that sense, a D3200 or similar wouldn't change what I carry around at all really.

In that regard, do you think I should sell the OM-D (all I use is the kit lens and a fujinon nifty fifty legacy lens) and the grip I have with it, I could grab a D3200 w kit, 55-200mm and a Nikon nifty fifty with money left over to for an external microphone and even a treat for myself.

Do you think this is a good idea all things considered? Two of the biggest selling points of the OM-D is the form factor and lens compatability, and I can't afford all these luxurious m43 lenses, and the size is almost negligible at this point.

Thankyou for any replies.

Nikon D3200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow