Started Jul 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
apekkpul
Regular MemberPosts: 424Gear list
Like?
Paris with E-M5
Jul 12, 2012

I haven't been in Paris for a long time, so I was very excited to be there again, this time with my wife and our son. Paris used to be my one of my favorite cities in Europe about 20 years ago when I traveled a lot with Interrail-passes.

We stayed in a hotel near Canal de la Villette. The neighborhood was very lively, there was a nice market nearby.

We used a lot Paris underground (Metro) system, and I was surprised how full the trains typically were. Since it was first time for our son to be in Paris, we visited in typical tourist attractions like Eiffel-tower, Louvre, Sacre Coeur, Paris Disneyland.

All places were crowded, and especially Disneyland was more a nightmare than a pleasant experience. It was raining almost every day, but when the sun was shining or when you find a good restaurant, it felt to good to be back in Paris.

OM-D performed nicely, and 12-50mm lens was very versatile. I also had Panasonic 20mm, Olympus 45mm, and Panasonic 45-200mm lenses with me, but most of times I just used the kit lens.

Pekka

apekkpul's gear list:apekkpul's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +2 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow