Any chance we'd start seeing camera reviews for smartphones?

Started Jul 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Stan-O
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Any chance we'd start seeing camera reviews for smartphones?
Jul 12, 2012

With the cameras in the high-end smartphones (Sony android phones and iPhones not to mention recent Nokia phone) catching up with the consumer cameras in quality (and being superior with the automatic geo-tagging and WiFi uploads) I was really hoping to find some smartphone camera reviews at DPReview as it's been the site I turned to for my digital cameras research for many years.

Not being a pro (by a long stretch) I myself have noticed some differences from the shots taken by different android phones (HTC vs Samsung vs Motorola) but I would really appreciate some more in-depth reviews of the current smartphone cameras.

While I would appreciate some advice on the smartphones with the best cameras (and more on that below), I just wanted to hear back from the DPreview founders/management as to possibility of the smartphone camera reviews. I really feel that just like the consumer film cameras died the market for consumer digital cameras will soon start collapsing as more and more people around the world will start using smartphones with the comparable picture quality cameras.

PS. I realize that PureView 808 and iPhone 4s are probably my best bets as far as smartphone cameras are concerned but I am tied into Android at the moment so my next smartphone will be Android -- if anyone can post some reviews in the thread I'd be grateful.

Thanks!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow