Started Apr 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
Fraxinus excelsior
Regular MemberPosts: 348
Like?
Re: 5D2 rather than 5D3?
In reply to joger, Jul 11, 2012

joger wrote:

jobo80 wrote:

Yes, I suffer severely from "annalysis paralysis"! Two weeks until the current rebates may end, so I guess I have to make a decision soon. The info from your question has been helpful.

no need to suffer - the 5D II is a very fine camera at ISO 3200 - this image was taken last weekend at ISO 3200 with AF in the vey last second before the flame was over - good enough I guess

Great exposure:-D

Kind regards

D

I bought the 300 f/2.8 II instead of a 5D III or D800(E) plus equivalent 70-200 f/2.8 - same price but dramatically better quality for shots where you need 300 or 600 mm

It's all about the lenses - I would always vote for the lenses as long as the camera is FF or something very close to FF - 1.3x is something I'd be willing to accept too.

The 7D II is rumored with a 1.3x sensor - make it 20 to 28 MPixel and I am seriously considering this body for sports and action - make it on the level of the 5D II price and I buy it in a heartbeat (if my bank account is in the right condition that time)

-- hide signature --

isn’t it funny, a ship that leaks from the top

ISO 9000 definition of quality: 'Degree to which a set of inherent characteristic fulfills requirements'
I am the classic “Windows by Day, Mac by Night user'

“The horizon of many people is a circle with zero radius which they call their point of view.” Albert Einstein

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YesNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow