Started Jul 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
nikoj
Contributing MemberPosts: 783Gear list
Like?
OMD-E5 Lens Kit
Jul 11, 2012

Hi, I am a primary Nikon DSLR shooter on the brink of taking the plunge in to M4/3 world. I am looking to consolidate my current DSLR gear to end up with either the D4 or the D3S, and augment with OMD-E5. My main shooting interests are events, action, travel, landscape and low light photos of people and places....

That being said, I am interested in user opinions regarding best lens kit for MFT for the Oly. My budget for the lenses is about $2,500 at the moment... I have already decided on three fast primes - the Oly 12mm/F2, Panny 20/1.7, Oly 45mm/1.8. That leave me about 1k for a either convenience or telephoto zoom. In particular, I am in search of best telephoto zoom - something that might equal (fx )70-200 F2.8; variable aperture zoom that might equal (fx) 70-300 f3.5-5.6, or even something in the (fx)28-300 convenience range. In addition I'd be interested to know the best standard VA "kit zoom" available...

Thank you for your input(s)...

nikoj's gear list:nikoj's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +2 more
Nikon D3S Nikon D4
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow