Started Jul 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dwa1
Senior MemberPosts: 2,235
Like?
IQ - Nikon 5T, 6T vs. Canon 500D.
Jul 11, 2012

I am hoping to hear from those who have used both the Canon 500D and also either the Nikon 5T or 6T.

Yes, I know that a dedicated macro lens is the best way to go (for IQ). I already own the Sigma 150 2.8 and the Tamron 90 2.8 lenses. I use the Sigma 150 most of the time. Although I don’t get the IQ that I can with a macro lens, I really like the flexibility that a high quality diopter filter provides. I have the Canon 500D and 250D diopters. I like to use the 500D on the 70-300 VR. I seldom use the 250D. People keep raving about the no-longer-made Nikon 5T and 6T diopters. But I cannot find any reviews giving a good comparison between the 500D and the 5T / 6T.

Extension tubes… I just don’t like how they affect the AF. Yes, I know, close-up is normally done with MF. But this eyeglass wearer needs AF for shooting fast moving, nectaring bees in bright sunlight with a D300 viewfinder.

I’m trying to find out if the Nikon diopters provide better IQ than the Canon 500D. I realize that the magnification factors are different.

As far as I know…
500D is +2
Nikon 5T is +1.5, 6T is +2.9

Much thanks in advance,

Wayne

Canon EOS 500D (EOS Rebel T1i / EOS Kiss X3) Nikon D300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow