Started Jul 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
rvc1
Junior MemberPosts: 44
Like?
Recording AUDIO with DSLR video?????
Jul 11, 2012

I'm looking to start recording video with my Canon T2i. I know I'll need to get an audio set up as the mic on the camera stinks. So, what should I start with? I don't want to break the bank, so cost is an issue.

From what I understand, the options are either a shotgun mic, a lavalier, a field recorder, or some combination of these. If I were to get a field recorder (say the ZOOM), would I get good audio when recording a single subject, or is a lavalier preferred? A field recorder sounds very versatile.

As far as equipment I already have, I have an Azden ecz-990 mic that plugs directly into the 1/8" input on the camera. I don't think it's a very quality mic, haven't used it much yet. I also have a Samson condenser mic I used to use for music. I suppose I can use that as a boom with the ZOOM? But I wouldn't want to be limited to just that, sounds clunky and harder to manage, I'm not a pro and not looking to be one in the immediate future.

Any advise on how to go about this would be appreciated.

THANKS!

Canon EOS 550D (EOS Rebel T2i / EOS Kiss X4)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow