Started Jul 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
amobi
Senior MemberPosts: 2,664
Like?
No second hand value on 5DIII
Jul 11, 2012

I lost $500 on my 5DIII in less than a month and half. I paid $3500 and sold it for $2999. I know cameras have no second hand value but 5DIII seems to be the worst. I guess because it was over priced to begin with.

The camera has less than 800 shutter count with three batteries. I got a good Gig to shoot video for some company that teaches ball room dancing to seniors. They basically hired me to record twice a month for 12 months. It was a good deal so I rushed and bought another 5DIII for backup. After using it once I changed my mind. I will rather use a regular video camera to record. The video came out nice and smooth but it was hard to keep the focus locked on the dancers.

I hated loosing this money but I have no choice. My initial asking price was $3175 but not a single offer came in. As soon as I reduced the price to $2999 I got gazillion offers. What a bunch of crap.

I think the price of 5DIII will take a nose dive very soon. If I know what I know now I will never have paid $3500 for it.

Canon EOS 5D Mark III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow