Buying first SLR camera...is the D800 too much for me?

Started Jul 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
Michael Kaplan
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,059Gear list
Like?
Re: Buying first SLR camera...is the D800 too much for me?
In reply to kundelic, Jul 11, 2012

I think the D800(e) is a great camera for you to start with IF...

you are willing to spend the time to learn how to use it properly. It is not just a fancy point and shoot. It will force you to learn the proper method to hold, shoot, use (etc) the camera or you might not be 100% happy and then might be better off with something more forgiving like a D700. That said it is an amazing camera if you are willing to put in the time. Remember that it also takes a more up to date computer to process the files especially if you are shooting RAW which you should be to get the most out of the camera. It is good that money is not a problem because you will spend a lot of it. Camera, Lenses, Flash, Tripod and other accessories (remote release, filters), Computer, plenty of storage, Editing software if you want to go above the free NX2... It just keeps going on...
Whatever you choose, good luck and enjoy.
--
Michael Kaplan
http://www.pbase.com/mkaplan
See my profile for equipment list

Michael Kaplan's gear list:Michael Kaplan's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Samsung HZ30W Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-20E III +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow