Oly epl-1 still worthy?

Started Jul 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
beomagi
Senior MemberPosts: 1,271Gear list
Like?
Re: Oly epl-1 still worthy?
In reply to GuyO, Jul 11, 2012

GuyO wrote:

is it still a good camera compared to what's around today? If I got it I would be able to afford extra lenses, which possibly makes its purchase a little more attractive!

Many thanks for any opinions!

Guy

Can you find a body only deal? You may be able to get a lens separate for cheaper overall price. The body is available for $150 new, $129 refurb on amazon in the states.

As far as IQ, it depends. You can't push the ISO or DR like you would the G3, GX1 or OM-D, but you would be able to handle 90% of what those can do.

Frankly, I'd rather have this and a couple primes (20mm+45mm?), than buy an E-M5 sticking with the kit lens (and I LOVE what I'm seeing with the E-M5).

Here are some pics from the EPL1. SLOtographer's weekly m43 photo threads also hosts a bunch. I've included several dark photos - the toughest area for the epl1.

beomagi's gear list:beomagi's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Olympus PEN E-P3 Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 70-300mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 II +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow