ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
premsaggar
New MemberPosts: 23
Like?
1DX vs D4 for sports and action photography
Jul 11, 2012

Hi everyone,

Is the D4's autofocus better than the 1DX's for very fast action shots? I currently shoot with a 5D Mark iii and have Canon glass. I've tried out all the AI servo cases and I consistently get blurry shots. I'm trying to shoot a very fast dog playing frisbee and maybe 1 out of every 100 shots is in focus. I'm using Canon's 70-200L 2.8 IS II USM lens.

However, I tried out a D4 and it was very good. The autofocus was better than my 5d as it should have been. I've read that Nikon tends to have better autofocus and Canon has better colors and lens selection. I also think Canon is better at macrophotography especially with it's macro flashes and the mpe-65mm 5x lens.

I'm completely willing to buy Nikon glass in order to have the best autofocus possible if in fact the Nikon D4 has better autofocus than the Canon 1DX. What do you think?

Thanks so much,
Prem

Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS-1D Nikon D4
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow