Thorsten Overgaard: Discuss.....

Started Jul 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
Juha Lindstrm
Regular MemberPosts: 145
Like?
Re: Thorsten Overgaard: Discuss.....
In reply to mtsullivan, Jul 11, 2012

Haven't attended or in any way been in contact with Thorsten, so viewers adviced..

But, I like his site and I think there are some pretty good photos in there. Also his posts have interesting pointers and the site is entertaining and informative to read. From this limited experience, he comes across as a decent bloke.

As to what comes to his profession. I'm sure he's made some paid photo gigs but probably is now making most of his money from the lessons. And that's just fine with me. What a great achievement! The guy likes taking photos and loves Leica etc and now has found a way to make it his profession. He should be applauded for it.

As to canikon world, there are similar people there too. Look at Ken Rockwell.. he should also be applauded! As well as Steve Huff etc etc. The list goes on.

All of these internet bloggers / mentors who have made it their living and are producing paid lessons that leave their cliental happy should truly be applauded. It's a win-win.

If you don't like their sites or profession, stop following them. Simple as that. It's not that they're causing anybody else any grief as long as their clients of what-ever-service are happy. Right?

As to Weeks rant, I fail to see the reason behind it. Somebody else making noise about their own work doesn't in any way attack Weeks work or take anything away from it. I do understand some of his points about the lessons, but then again he's hardly the target audience either. Again, if the clients are happy - it's a win-win.

Just my 2c,
Juha

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow