Qucik 5D MKIII assessment with photographs

Started Jul 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
Picturenaut
Regular MemberPosts: 311Gear list
Like?
Re: Qucik 5D MKIII assessment with photographs
In reply to Light Pilgrim, Jul 11, 2012

Beautiful!

I experienced the same AF issues with my 5D3 during an extended photo travel. In general the AF system is superb but if I need to pinpoint it e.g. with shallow DOF on an eye I need to select it manually.

I love tp use one manual Zeiss lens, too, but it is a 18/3.5 for landscape, and here the AF indicator in the 5D3's viewfinder is not quite reliable (same with my 7D). It is a real loss that the new LCD enhanced viewfinders do not really supply manual focusing. Fortunately landscape shooting is a slow process so you can work well around it with liveview. Plus, wide angle & small aperture in traditional landscaping is not that critical.

I really love my 5D3 but I think we are living in the dawn of SLR photography since its optical viewfinders do not support manual focusing anymore properly (same with Nikon). So, why not surrender to mirrorless cameras, if FF bodys will be available? Or we'd have to change to the last real optical rangefinders with a digital sensor, that's a Leica (if we can afford it + good Leica glass).

-- hide signature --

Picturenaut

Picturenaut's gear list:Picturenaut's gear list
Canon PowerShot G7 Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow