Started Jul 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Poagao
Regular MemberPosts: 483
Like?
E-M5, with some frustration, in London
Jul 11, 2012

I enjoy using this camera, especially for the handling, EVF and shutter feel/sound. However, with the Panasonic 20mm the battery door effectively becomes the on/off switch. Frustrating as hell to see something, raise the camera, see a blank screen, wonder if the battery gave out, flip the switch off and on again, no dice, open the battery door, pop it out, back in, turn it on, wait for it to be ready to shoot, and look up and everyone's gone. And yes, I've updated the firmware, switched to all possible combinations of sleep/auto off settings, cleaned the contacts, etc. Still have to remember to switch the camera off within five minutes of turning it on and risk losing shots because even after removing the battery and turning it on again, it wakes up slowly with the 20mm as well. It's a shame as that's my favorite lens and focal length. The 25mm is just too long for me, in addition to being too large.

Anyway, until there's some kind of firmware fix, that's just the way it's going to be. I'll just add here that I'm very happy for all of you who have no problems with the 20mm. I am truly envious and look forward to the day I can do so as well.

In the meantime, here are some of the shots I did manage to get:

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow