Started Jul 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
byawk
Regular MemberPosts: 215
Like?
Adding a fisheye...
Jul 11, 2012

I'm a wedding photographer, and I already own the trinity of focal lengths (Canon 16-35L, 24-70L, and 70-200L), which I use on a full frame body. I've lately been considering adding a fisheye to be able to grab a handful of fun, off-beat shots of each wedding day. However, since I know a fisheye isn't strictly necessary and would only be used for a few shots per wedding, I'm hesitant to shell out the big bucks for, say, the Canon 8-15L.

So having never used a fisheye, I just had a few questions:

1.) What'is the best fisheye lens (not necessarily Canon) in the $500 or less range?

2.) Does optical quality really matter that much with a fisheye? The image is intentionally distorted anyway, so does that sort of even the playing field between a high-end fisheye and a so-so one? Basically, for a wedding photographer who just wants the occasional neat shot of the church/reception hall and a few other fun shots, how would a cheap fisheye compare with a pricey one?

Thanks a bunch!

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow