Instagram doesn't take money out of my pocket.

Started Jul 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
barnicle
Forum MemberPosts: 90
Like?
Instagram doesn't take money out of my pocket.
Jul 11, 2012

I have been reading the forum for a while and have made a few comments here and there. I love the debates about should I shot RAW for jpeg, I shoot 90% of the time in jpeg. Because that all that's needed. Do my images get printed large, yes sometime, does the quality suffer yes a little but for what they are used for it doesn't matter. They serve it's intended purpose. Do I shoot in high noise ISO range, yes when I have to, is it pretty heck no, but it works for what it has to. I get paid to take specific images that show specific things, that's the only thing that matter to my employer. They even supply the equipment. I work in hazardous places, under harsh conditions, but get very paid well as a result. Many of the images can only be described as disturbing, and showing the worse of mankind. I don't own anything that I take at work, it's copyrighted to my employer. I'm so glad I choose this path and not dealing with bridezillas or taking senior photos. Since I have job security, cause "my friends cousin who has a nice camera" wont want to even think about taking the photos I get paid to take, nor will they be allowed to. I'm sure many here won't consider me a pro, since I am forensic photographer. I do have a niche. I pity many of you and say find a niche to survive. The times are changing in the field of photography. Technology is making it easy for anyone to take decent photos to meet their needs.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow