Opinion: Thom Hogan's D800/E eBook

Started Jul 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
michaeleclark
Regular MemberPosts: 301Gear list
Like?
Re: Opinion: Thom Hogan's D800/E eBook
In reply to u007, Jul 10, 2012

Obviously you can find opinions or "facts" about almost anything on the internet. In fact, you can find much of that info concerning DSLRs right on DPReview. But for every one of those opinions there are counter opinions suggesting the opposite. Just look at the various responses just in this single thread! Everyone has an opinion and the "facts" to support it. And many seem to automatically deny anything that is possibly critical of Nikon- as if they are perfect, and everything they produce is perfect- despite what is often strong evidence to the contrary. So whom do you believe when seeking out all of this contradictory information?

The value in Thom's information is that: 1) He provides his rationale for his opinions in a reasoned way and backed up with observations or real data; 2) He actually knows what he is talking about; and 3) He is willing to be critical of Nikon despite the unpopularity that sometimes draws. This helps the reader develop their own opinion rather than just accepting what someone else says is true.

I appreciate these traits of Thom's (though certainly not some others), and after 45 years of photography I am always hoping to learn whatever I can to help me be a better photographer.

Michael E. Clark

michaeleclark's gear list:michaeleclark's gear list
Nikon Coolpix AW100 Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D4 +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow