My 17-55mm f2.8G review

Started Jun 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
joejack951
Senior MemberPosts: 2,314Gear list
Like?
Re: My 17-55mm f2.8G review
In reply to sh0wtime, Jul 10, 2012

sh0wtime wrote:

i have called the shop who say they want to test it but if they say its OK & i know it isn't would i be able to deal direct with Nikon in the UK to get this sorted?

I suggest doing a controlled test to figure out where the issue is. If you don't find anything, perhaps you just need to adjust to the lens. If you do find something, it will definitely help Nikon to determine what they need to adjust.

Shoot a flat target at various focal lengths and apertures using a tripod and preferably a cable release. If you have Live View, use contrast detect focusing as a baseline for sharpness. Your PDAF shots should be fairly close if not exactly the same sharpness as CDAF. If not, your lens needs work.

I have the same lens and it's been great right out of the box. No sharpness complaints at any aperture and the focus speed is plenty fast.

joejack951's gear list:joejack951's gear list
Nikon Coolpix AW100 Nikon Coolpix P7700 Nikon D300S Nikon D3S Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow