Started Jul 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
KristopherMJ
New MemberPosts: 21
Like?
NEX-7 or a77
Jul 10, 2012

I am currently using an a100 and shoot mainly product photographs of vintage and antique cameras/photography for my online business. I do not have any quality lenses at all, because I bought the set a few years ago off of ebay for like $300 with a kit lens and a Tamron 28-200mm, and I mainly enjoy shooting primes. Over the years my knowledge of digital photography and photography has been growing rapidly and when I first got the camera, a few months after, I decided to buy a few MF m42 lenses off of ebay and picked up a Tamron adapt-all-2 lens at an auction and I'm just completely disappointed in it all. I understand it's a great camera, just for my purposes the antiquated features are a hinder to me. Now that being said, I'm planning on moving up to a high end, performance camera. However, I am taking great interest in film photography and recently acquired a Nikon N90s, with a vertical grip and am considering eventually purchasing a F4 or F5. So my dilema is should I go with the a77 if my only digital ventures will be for mainly product photos and possible some portraiture or just go with the NEX-7 because I have now/will be acquiring advanced amateur and/or pro film bodies? OR should I go with the NEX-5n? I mainly want the a77 or NEX-7 because of the more future proof aspect of them (perhaps I'm wrong) and the fact that they are high end systems with large sensors, number of AF points, fast AF, (I'm assuming) more advanced metering system, exct.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-F5 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow