Started Jul 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
phaseout
Forum MemberPosts: 60
Like?
Full circle with the X-Pro 1
Jul 10, 2012

I purchased the X-Pro 1 several months back and had alot of issues with it. Most were the same issues that are well known and written about but I chose to go over to the Sony NEX-7. I had it for a few weeks and found it to be a great camera. Excellent low ISO images and the focus peaking was amazing for MF lenses but it was lacking something. I couldnt put my finger on it but I just did not enjoy taking photos with it. It was more like a computer than a camera. Almost seemed like it was TOO easy to use. Then I returned it and rented the Olympus OM-D.

Spent a few weeks with it. Image quality was okay. Olympus was trying to achieve the classic look but in truth it was alot like the NEX-7. Lots of confusing menus and extremely small without the grip adapter. The IBIS was great and so was the AF but the photo quality was just good and not on the same lvl as the Fuji or the Sony IMO.

So I went back and purchased the X-Pro 1 again. This time with a much more open mind. Having tried the other cameras and seen that the grass is not always greener I am really enjoying it having accepted its weaknesses. I find that it forces me to be a better photographer where the Sony and the Olympus did not. It has alot of quirks and issues that still need firmware fixes but it's image quality is superb and the camera has alot of classic charm. I also bring it out with me leaving my big full frame at home and dont feel like I am taking a big hit on image quality. Most of all, I am enjoying photography more than I have in a while.

Really glad I got to try out all these cameras and happy to be back full circle to the X-Pro 1

Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow