ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
elmar1
Forum MemberPosts: 56
Like?
Underwater Camera Replacement for TX5
Jul 10, 2012

Hello again,

I am looking for a replacement for my Sony TX 5..and have been so far reading several previews and alike, but am still not sure.

I want a compact camera,with which I can still take normal pictures outside the water, and carry the cam around.

Most important for me is the video quality of underwater videos. I am using the TX 5 to film matches of underwater rugby.

The favorites are:

• Olympus TG 1 (Pro: accesories, which will probably lead to a wide-angle view, which in turn would be good to get the whole pool into the screen.)

• Sony TX 20. (seems to have a larger aperture, would/could be better since there´s not so much light in indoor pools)

• Canon D20

-Panasonic TS 4

Problems might arise from the fact, that movie mode seems to be limited in some cases..I´d have to be able to film 20 Minutes at least without the recording stopping automatically..and as far as I remember, Olympus stopped after 7 minutes of recording, right?

Things I´d like to have

• wide angle lens

• good video quality

• agreeable image quality

• waterproof down to 5metres would be sufficient

all the best,

elmar

Canon PowerShot D20 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-TX5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow