Started Jul 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
GaryW
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,923Gear list
Like?
Re: Exposure Issues with SEL16F28
In reply to Jerry Canon, Jul 10, 2012

Jerry Canon wrote:

-- hide signature --

I am finding that my recently acquired SEL16F28 constantly gives me very under exposed images on either my 5n or 7 bodies. I realize exposure is tricky with wide-angle optics due to their large field and the fact that it is apt to contain areas of extreme brightness differences, but seems that exposure with this lens is just a pain in thr butt no matter if I set the camera to "multi" or "spot". Is there a trick here that I'm not doing? I always shoot RAW.
http://500px.com/JerryBrendle

I get reasonably exposed photos usually, but adding the UWA, I realized that I was getting enough sky (I assume) that the subjects might be a bit underexposed. I dialed in +.7 EV on my last outing. This overexposed some photos, so it's not like things were all that severely underexposed, just in some cases.

Usually if I take a photo that is severely under-exposeed, I've forgotten that I'm in manual mode. Try taking a photo in the daylight and see if it's still underexposed. Try using Aperture priority mode or manual mode.

-- hide signature --

Gary W.

GaryW's gear list:GaryW's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony Cyber-shot DSC-V3 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX5 Sony Alpha DSLR-A100 +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow