A65 low light performance worse than A55/57?

Started Jul 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
philbot
Contributing MemberPosts: 832
Like?
Re: A65 low light performance worse than A55/57?
In reply to Noisey1, Jul 10, 2012

Noisey1 wrote:

I specifically chose the a55 to crop bc of all the talk about old FW with the a77. Well the a55 is even older. I upsampled the a55 since some people claim bicubic downsampling isnt good enough, which means the a55 crop has two disadvantages already in my comparison. Still, you can see the a55 has less noise. Is it a gigantic difference? no, but take a newer 16mp and "the best" upsampling program and the difference is even bigger, even with a FW updated a77. Neither is a bad camera, but to say more MP doesnt offer more noise is wrong.

LOL, troll attempt gone wrong #37

It's there in the EXIF header above each image, 1/1000 f/9 vs 1/2000 f/8 that's 2/3 stop more 'light' given to the A55..

Or are you saying that giving 2/3 more light won't affect the noise??

And at ISO6400 there is very much less then 16MP of information in the image, so upsampling is not a disadvantage..

And regarding the firmware, it isn't the absolute age (but you know that right?) it's the fact the A77 firmware is clearly a very low number compared to the latest firmware, and we can see the A65 with the newer firmware behaves much better.. there is no evidence to show the A55 was on a detrimentally affected 'early' firmware revision..

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow