GRD V will be 4/3" or APS-C compact

Started Jul 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
Archiver
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,196
Like?
Re: GRD V will be 4/3" or APS-C compact
In reply to GRD otaku, Jul 10, 2012

GRD otaku wrote:

Sorry, had a look at the patent application, the title of the article under the technical details box clearly states: GRデジタルの新しい撮像素子 which translates as: "New imaging element of the GR Digital".

This is fascinating! Does that apply to both of the lenses and sensor sizes, or only one?

Query remains however how they are planning on keeping the same form factor - or perhaps the GRD will evolve into an altogether different beast ... which would be a shame. Am struggling to decide now between the Fuji X100, Pen Mini, Sigma DP Merrill and the GRD IV and am coming to the conclusion that the GRD IV is for me, despite the small sensor ...

Those cameras all serve slight different purposes. I would consider the Pen Mini to be more of a casual camera than the X100 due to the interface, handling and image quality. The DPxM's are as-yet unproven. The GRD IV is a super looking camera but still small sensor.

I've just got the OM-D and it is my first m43 camera. I'm surprised at how much more like a small sensor the depth of field is, particularly with wider lenses and smaller apertures. I'm starting to consider it like a small sensor camera with much wider dynamic range, rather than a large sensor camera with longer depth of field.
--
Archiver - Loving Every Image Captured Always
http://www.flickr.com/photos/archiver/

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow