****** Mini-Challenge 333 - WINNERS******

Started Jul 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
WilbaW
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,584Gear list
Like?
Re: ****** Mini-Challenge 333 - WINNERS******
In reply to brightcolours, Jul 10, 2012

brightcolours wrote:

The challenge was about the four elements water, wind, earth and fire. If one would look just at most photos, one might think it was a challenge about landscapes though... And most landscapes did not really shout "water" or "earth" or even "fire".. One could find them in there, but the photos mainly said "landscape" instead. Some nice photos for sure, but missing the mark a little.

I'm glad you commented on this. In my experience, lack of connection with the topic - the primary subject of the image is something unrelated - is the main reason that an image doesn't get an HM or place on the podium.

Then there are two exceptional entries, due to the theme within this theme... WilbaW posting 3 photos with water mimicking other elements (air, earth, fire) and Maulikshah with 3 elements (fire, air, water) "dancing". Very creative thinking of both of you!

Thank you. I was impressed with Maulikshah's submissions.

Although WilbaW has won way too many times already, most of the times he won with those creepy spiders down under with his macro shots.

Um, only one spider winner, actually (see http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/4346480453/albums/mini-challenge-winners ), but now I know which one is most memorable.

And then, that makes WilbaW the winner of this challenge. Because of the beauty of this shot, which set it apart within his series of 3:

Again, thanks very much, and congrats to everyone on the quality of submissions and to you for the quality of the challenge idea and the judging.

if you... think Maulikshah deserves a shot for his excellent dances series, feel free to pass the challenge on to him.

Maulikshah deserved to win and I'm very happy to hand over the next challenge.

-- hide signature --

Check out the unofficial Rebel forum FAQ - http://snipurl.com/RebelFAQ

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow