Thom Hogan D800/E Guide Bittorrent = +7,000 peers

Started Jul 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
WantaPannySoon
Forum MemberPosts: 67
Like?
Re: Thom Hogan D800/E Guide Bittorrent = +7,000 peers
In reply to u007, Jul 10, 2012

If you're going to argue, don't bother raising points which have been answer 10x already.

Why should he get paid for his time? Logically it's not my concern whether Thom gets paid for his book. If you want to argue morals, that's different.

And your "what is the difference" argument is answered if you spend 10 seconds thinking about it. If I take a book off the shelf, the book store no longer has that book. They now have to pay to replace it. And nobody can buy the book that I stole. But if I copy a file, nothing is lost whatsoever and it doesn't cost anybody a single cent and nobody loses out.

Arguing a loss in "potential sales" doesn't work either. It's been shown time and time again that piracy doesn't affect sales. People who pirate something wouldn't have bought it anyway.

-- hide signature --

My travel photography blog - http://www.frescoglobe.com

If this is the way that you act -- stealing others' work because you don't think it "hurts' them -- then you are a maggot and a scumbag. Grow up.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow