ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Areinu
New MemberPosts: 24
Like?
A little confused about FD lenses with NEX
Jul 9, 2012

Hello,

I have recently bought nex-5n and I've been shooting with it a lot. With the body I got 18-55MM and 16MM lenses. I added to that Raynox-250. To be pretty happy with my lens choices I would like to add long range zoom and some fisheye lens. Maybe also some quick prime.

From what I understand there's not much choice when it comes to native NEX lenses(18-200 or 55-210 zooms, and yasuhara madoka or VCL-ECF1 fisheye addon to SEL16MM).

But from what I read on this forum FD lenses are of comparable/better quality than those lenses mentioned and they are pretty cheap. And here I have 2 problems.

First of all - there are multiple NEX-FD adapters available and I can't really say which ones could be good. The one mentioned on this forum a lot is either out of stock or doesn't ship outside USA... Sorry, I don't remember which model was it. Will any adapter go as long as the build is solid and there is aperture lock(from what I understand this will allow me to use aperture ring on my lens)? Or do I have to watch out for something else?

And as far as lenses themselves go what should I look for the most? Is there an index which compares in some objective way all the available lenses? There are lenses as cheap as 15USD(Tokina RMC70-210), which I can't believe could be any good with this price. A lot of lenses are around 40-50USD, both zooms and primes, Canon and Sigma. I wouldn't mind buying with this price if I got IQ even comparable to stock 18-55, just with nice 200mm+ zoom. I heard FD's are supposed to be cheap, but how cheap is cheap? Is it 50USD or around 200?

Then there are some high quality, high price lenses, some of them really know and with good opinion. I don't know if amateur like me needs something like that and even if I'm to get them it won't be during summer, as the vacation will take too much of my money.

Sony Alpha NEX-5N
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow