Sell 20/1.7, buy 25/1.4?

Started Jul 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
romboutroemer
Forum MemberPosts: 59
Like?
Re: If you do portraits : absolutely
In reply to Marla2008, Jul 9, 2012

Marla2008 wrote:

I'm a portrait shooter. As such, thin DOF is a tool of my trade and I often feel a tad imited with m4/3. I considered switching to APS-C mirrroless more than once. The PL25 is THE reason I'm staying with the format. I've shot high end Nikon and Canon L glass and this lens might be the best I ever used (maybe I have a great copy, don't know).

I started out with the 20, which is a great little lens. But this badboy 25 is just in a different world altogether. If you do portraits, it's a no brainer, the only thing you'll regret is not having switched sooner.

Marla.

-- hide signature --

If you're tired of starting over, stop giving up.

I think you're absolutely right. The best 50 mm lens I've ever had, and I had my share of 50 mm lenses on the D700 (nikon 1.8d/g and the sigma 1.4) The PL25 trumps them all. And it does the same with it's little brother the 1.7. Superb IQ and a much faster and more accurate AF.

The first mft lens that I am completely satisfied with, especially in combination with the EM-5, although the 45/1.8 is no slouch either.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow