Started Jul 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jim F
Senior MemberPosts: 1,760
Like?
CC needed RE Use of ND filters on These Pics
Jul 9, 2012

Folks: One of the items that I sorely need to learn to use and to add to my kit is some ND filters - likely soft edge grads. I've bought the Lee wide angle adapter for my Nikon 24-70/2.8 and the filter holder (backordered for nearly two months at B&H). But I've not yet doled out some pretty sizable cash for the filters themselves.

Please see the two attached images. Perhaps the composition is not what you'd individually prefer. But never mind that. With that said, if you were "setting up" these shots, what filters would you have "instinctively" selected (based on your experience) and how would you have lined/aligned them? The two images have one thing in common, haze in the background (dust, smoke from fires ... who knows.) Would ND filters help that situation?

Mount Shasta from the north along Route 97 just into Oregon - Nikon D700, 70-300 VR 116mm - B&W polarizer - not cropped

Yosemite NP, Half Dome (?) from Olmstead Point along Route 120 - Nikon D700 Nikkor 24-70/2.8 at 70mm (image cropped) - B&W polarizer

Nikon D700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow