Will the GH3 use a Sony sensor?

Started Jul 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
Steven Rounds
New MemberPosts: 13Gear list
Like?
Re: It was true for the E-P1, not for the OM-D
In reply to MichaelKJ, Jul 9, 2012

Those of you who attribute the E-M5's success to "marketing hype" and not performance are completely wrong. I bought the E-M5 the day after the announcement (Feb. 9th) BECAUSE of one VERY important (to me) performance advantage...weather sealing.

Claiming "hype" as the reason for Olympus's success is a sign of a Panasonic fanboy. If you've been to the http://www.olympusomd.com website you'll know that Olympus does a pretty poor job of creating excitement over anything. Superior performance in dusty or wet conditions was the reason for getting an E-M5 irrespective of its image quality. I've had cameras "destroyed" in the rain (too expensive/time delayed to bother fixing) due to unsealed bodies or lenses. Weather-sealing takes the panic out of shooting under adverse conditions.
--
Steven Rounds

Steven Rounds's gear list:Steven Rounds's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow