ADORAMA another experience

Started Jul 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
abolit
Regular MemberPosts: 469Gear list
Like?
Re: Have you talked with them?
In reply to JerryDavis, Jul 9, 2012

I just shipped the order back to adorama. Will stay away from this reseller. in future.

BTW, I advised a friend of mine not to buy Nikon 85 1.4 G from Adorama (shows status instock) because they will take his money and l send him email "item is backordered" in subject line two hours later as they always do. And then he will be waiting for the money back to his credit card which will take another 4 - 5 business days.

JerryDavis wrote:

Again, I do apologize for your dissatisfaction. However we would never deliberately send you an item other than you ordered. It was an obvious error which will be easily corrected through our customer service department. Please do let me know if you have a problem after that.

Jerry G

abolit wrote:

I can pickup the phone and call them, but this is not what i'm upset about. They deliberately sent me a different , secondhand item deciding for me what I need without my permission.

What they should have done is to send me a note that the item I ordered is not currently in stock, but there's some similar item that can do the job.
Then it would be my call to take this item or cancel my order.

ryanshoots wrote:

I've had good and bad experiences with all kinds of companies. Rarely is my first stopping point the web. The web can't fix your issue. Pick up the phone and call the vendor. Adorama is a solid company, they'll make it right.

-- hide signature --

Jerry Greenbaum
Adorama-Supervisor

abolit's gear list:abolit's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow