Sony flash sync terminal port on new DSLTs?

Started Jul 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
fujifan
Regular MemberPosts: 130Gear list
Like?
Sony flash sync terminal port on new DSLTs?
Jul 9, 2012

Hello everyone. Just a quick question for the hardware/flash experts. Does the new series of DSLTs have the flash sync terminal port (round metal connector on the side, at least on my A700)? I have a sony fa-cc1am (off-camera cable for 58AM), but haven't used it yet. I am considering selling my A700 and upgrading to one of the DSLTs, but want to leave the option of using off camera flash (in wired or wireless modes) for studio setups. I looked at the side pics of A77 & A57 bodies and do not see anything similar, unless it in included under what's called Remote rubber cover. Anyone has either or both and can confirm for me?

Also, how useful is the cable to begin with, and what are the advantages over wireless? I assume maybe for non-Sony flashesh, or other serious studio work? Anyone using it? Thanks.

-- hide signature --

If you don't like something, change it; if you can't change it, change the way you look at it!

fujifan's gear list:fujifan's gear list
Sony SLT-A57 Sony DT 16-80mm F3.5-4.5 ZA Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM Tamron SP AF 60mm F/2 Di II LD IF Macro
Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony SLT-A57 Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow