Should I switch to Canon? Help from you guys.

Started Jul 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Brea
Junior MemberPosts: 45
Like?
Should I switch to Canon? Help from you guys.
Jul 9, 2012

Hi Canon forum,

I am currently a Nikon amateur and was wondering if I should switch over to Canon when moving to FX. Here is my Nikon equipment:
Nikon D50
50mm 1.4G
85mm 1.4G
SB800 Flash

I have been agonizing over the D800 and researching thick and thin about it... and it doesn't seem to suit my style. I love shooting people and portraits. I looked at the 5D Mark III for a while and looks like the AF system is worth considering over the D800. Also, I haven't seen shots of portraits that were pleasing with the D800 yet at all... the Nikon forum is filled with landscape/macro shots, which was probably what the D800 was made for.

I was also looking at the ergonomics of the cameras and it would seem that the Canon is a bit smaller? Would it suit my skinny long hands more?

If I do move over to Canon, I plan to buy a 24-70mm and 70-200mm zoom lens... is that a good plan? Or should I stick with primes like I did with Nikon? I don't evn know what primes to get. The Nikon 85mm 1.4G is one best lens I have ever shot with. What should I do? Thanks.

Canon EOS 5D Mark III Nikon D50 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow