V1 - Depth of field

Started Jul 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
Tord S Eriksson
Senior MemberPosts: 1,898Gear list
Like?
Re: V1 - Depth of field
In reply to Jorginho, Jul 9, 2012

Jorginho wrote:

Well that depends what kit lens you get. The 14-42 is not great, but lately we see the 14-42 power-zoom (a good kit lens), the 12-50 on the Om-D (a good kitlens with a very nice macro function and wide angle, weather-sealed too but large), the 14 mm on the GF3.

Not that impressed by the 12-50 on the OM-D, nor the 14-42, the wife have both.

Also, remember, that the Nikon lenses you use have to be of the G series, as there is no focusing motor in the FT1 adapter.

My favourites for my V1 is the 50/1.4G, the 35/1.8G and the 70-300/4.5-5.6G, in addition to the 30-110. The 10-30 and the 10 are very sharp, too, far better than any other kit lens I've tried on any camera, but I don't use them that often, so not part of my normal kit! For wider shots I prefer using my NEX-5N, with the Sigma 19, or the Sigma 30, both lenses that are small, and compact, and very, very sharp!

The Nikon kit lens may be better though. If you only use a kit lens, you might as well go for an RX100 I believe. If you want to get more lenses, m43s currently has by far more choice for native, compact lenses.

Agreed.

-- hide signature --

tord (at) mindless (dot) com

Tord S Eriksson's gear list:Tord S Eriksson's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Pentax K-x Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D600 Nikon 1 V2 +22 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow