When is it no Longer "New" and now a "Demo?"

Started Jul 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
EvilOne
Forum ProPosts: 13,537Gear list
Like?
Re: So you'll never buy a "new" car test-driven by somebody else? (nt)
In reply to DavidMaven, Jul 9, 2012

You can not buy a new car with zero miles on it..even off the factory floor.I'm a factory automotive design engineer ( retired Now ) and I could not get one. The speedometer is electronically sealed so it can not be tampered, by federal guidelines... .Its driven off the line to a dynamometer center, it has to be test driven and the PCM and fuel trim has to be adjusted, to match specifications, tire pressure monitor system is tested and tire pressure sensor are tested, they can only be tested after being driven to activate the tire pressure sensor battery and and then can communicate with the PCM and the driver information center in the instrument module then driven to final inspection. So no one who buys a new car and I've bought 21 New cars in my life, ever expects to get a car with zero miles.. No one expects to get a car with 0 miles on it because it is impossible. A camera on the other hand "IS Expected" to be New with zero miles on it... not slightly used , not a demo, or a repackaged return.

We are talking about cameras here, not clothes, cars, or appliances. Although they are expected to be New as well.. the car analogy does not apply...
IM just trying to hurry this thread along...
--
Bill aka EO

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
WaltNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow