Moving from Olympus to Canon or Nikon

Started Jun 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
jimrpdx
Senior MemberPosts: 2,987Gear list
Like?
Re: Moving from Olympus to..
In reply to Braxton7, Jul 9, 2012

Jonikon, I'm glad you found a suitable camera in the Nikon. They are excellent, and while some of your beliefs do not match my beliefs that's OK. I agree with others that a couple of your reasons do not quite line up with the facts as we see them, but you and I are happy with our Nikon and Pentax gear & that's the important thing.

And for Cliff, sorry we digressed in ways that were not of much help to you. I wish the EM-5 could take your old lenses natively, but you might consider whether adapting them to the micro format would suit you. If weather resistance and size are important to you, the EM-5 and Pentax models are the best options - but all options are good ones, only remorse can change that. You can control how often you look over your shoulder later, and I don't recommend it. Sony lost me two years ago by introducing irrelevant models for my 'needs'; while their products are decent and innovative they aren't for me, and I don't spend time reliving my choices. Enjoy the hunt for new gear, and enjoy your final choice!
--
Jim in Oregon -- K5 user, Alpha a200 & Lumix G1 veteran
talking to myself at http://granitix.blogspot.com

jimrpdx's gear list:jimrpdx's gear list
Pentax Q Samsung NX300 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 20-50mm F3.5-5.6 ED Samsung NX 50-200mm F4-5.6 OIS +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow