ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
slaybells
Regular MemberPosts: 156
Like?
NEX-7 for wedding videography
Jul 9, 2012

Hi,

I am a non-pro doing a wedding video for a mate. I have an NEX-7 and NEX-VG10, with 16mm+WA, 18-200, and 50mmF1.8, and Canon 50mF1.4 via a Conorus adapter.

I do have 7D with 17-55mm F2.8, and a 10-22mm, but for video, I have trouble focussing accurately without the peaking that the NEX have.

Has anyone used the NEX for wedding videography, who can give some tips on usage? I have a basic monopod, need to upgrade the tripod. I don't have any image stabilisation gadgets. I have acquired 3 batteries for the NEX-7, and I have a couple of 3-hours batteries for the NEX-VG10, so I think I am covered in that respect.

I am slightly concerned about the NEX-7 overheating, but I think with the Tri-navi and EVF, it is a better video tool than the VG10 workhorse or the 7D, so intend to use it with the 18-200 with stabilisation on 'roving' around, while lighting conditions allow. The VG10, perhaps the wide-angle on a tripod, as it is low maintenance with that massive 3 hour battery.

I am not sure yet of the lighting conditions (will be checking it out in the next few days), but expect the evening to be low light disco, so either the Sony with the Canon 50mmF1.4 or 7D with same lens - I guess it depends on which is easier to use with the confusion of lights in that environment.

Any tips gratefully received...

Canon EOS 7D Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow