Why print?

Started Jul 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
VadymA
Contributing MemberPosts: 805Gear list
Like?
Re: Please stick to the core of the question–please read OP
In reply to Mark Smith, Jul 8, 2012

I guess we have to leave it at that and maybe the OP will tell us who was right. I certainly don't want to argue that monitors are better than prints for Art, Commercial Work, or Professional-Grade Family Portraits. And I think the OP wouldn't either. At some point I wanted to buy an LCD picture frame but I didn't like the look of the pictures on it. Apart from resolution issues, they have a feel of light coming through them and I don't appreciate that. I like calm and reflective nature of the prints without that radiating and "cartoonish" luminance. So if I wanted to put something on the wall or my desk, that would be print. Yet again, I don't think anyone would argue against that. But for hundreds of family prints though I can live with that luminance as the benefits of digital copies outweigh the subtle difference in image quality. We look at family pictures for sentimental reasons, not for how sharp or color-correct they are. Ups, I am drifting back to my point; and that reminds me it's time to stop...

Cheers

VadymA's gear list:VadymA's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.4D Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX Nikon AF-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
PlusNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow