Started Jul 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
PeterY
Senior MemberPosts: 1,305Gear list
Like?
Advice needed from NYC resident or recent visitor
Jul 8, 2012

Doing the Big Apple at the end of the month with the familly. Plan to travel very light in terms of camera gear; 1 body, 1 lens, no flash. Plan to take the 5D M2 w/ 24-105. I think most will agree that with better high ISO performance this is a better choice then the 7D with its onboard flash right?

I have 2 questions....sorry but this might be cross posted as I need lots of opinions:

1. Where is THE best place to shoot the NYC skyline? I realize you have to come out of Manhatten for this.

2. We are on a tight budget so we can't afford to stay in Manhatten. Would you stay in NJ and commute in daily or stay in the boroughs? Staten Island seems reasonable in price but looks like a long trip into the city. Brooklyn is not much cheaper and Queens doesn't seem to have to offer for hotels.

Need somewhere with free parking, safe and clean. All advice would be much appreciated. Other must do suggestions in NYC would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

PeterY's gear list:PeterY's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +2 more
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow