Started Jul 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
scalll
New MemberPosts: 21Gear list
Like?
NX200 Bundled Flash - Bounce Mod
Jul 8, 2012

An external pop-up flash doesn't always have to be a "con" on your list...

Below i included some pics how to mod your bundled NX200 flash unit from a direct flash to a indirect/bounceable flash !

Like most of your's, mine was just lying in my closet too (I hate direct flash), so I went for it and started to "Dremel" the little unit (check out the photo's for more details + results)...

Works perfect so far, but it is a bit "loose" now (no friction) so for direct flash you have to hold it with your fingers or else it "falls" down flat.

I also added a little sticky tape to hold the unit in place when carrying it around.

Circumstances can make the flash a little weak (bouncing from higher ceilings e.g.),
but the flash power output can be modified in the NX200 menu !

This little mod makes this camera a lot more versatile imho and even with the flash mounted it still remains fairly compact & jacket-pocketable thanks to the "flat" position.
(in combination with pancakes ofcourse ;-))

I even bounce this thing from sidewalls in portrait-mode.

scalll's gear list:scalll's gear list
Samsung NX200 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 50-200mm F4-5.6 OIS Samsung NX 16mm F2.4 Pancake
Samsung NX200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow