reticulation on sharpening...

Started Jan 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
Michael Melb AU
Contributing MemberPosts: 935
Like?
Re: reticulation on sharpening...
In reply to Rudypol, Jul 8, 2012

Well, I had the same reticulation pattern in Silkypix with HS30 RAF file too - but one needs to be extreme with sharpening and apply no noise filtering at all. I agree that the Fuji specific sensor pattern is one to consider here. Nothing good comes without some trouble...

In my personal experience LR 3.6 can be used with DNG converted from Fuji RAF (same problem). Sharpening is the one to be very careful with. One not so obvious step to get rid of reticulation is to use color noise reduction, but that blurs the picture - caution required.

At the moment I prefer not to use RAF unless absolutely necessary - the camera does better at transforming it into very acceptable JPG. Minor tweaks in LR can make them look even better. Small sensors are not for extremes anyway, so RAW processing with them is considered some sort of exotic even by some manufacturers like Nikon. Still not a bad option to have - for a special occasion.
--
Everyone can do it - some do it well.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow