Good bag for the EM5

Started Apr 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
magicbuzz
New MemberPosts: 9
Like?
5 Million Dollar Home
In reply to Starred, Jul 8, 2012

I have had a Crumpler 5 Million Dollar Home for near 3 years now and still love it.

The bag has three 'zones', created by two movable velcro separators. My GH1 + whatever lens is on it lives in the middle separator, handle up - making SD card access easy and easy to pull body out and put it back in. Intervalometer and 2cnd pancake lens live in another pocket. Third pocket has charger but if I'm going off on a long photowalk or hike then charger is replaced by water bottle and maybe snack. When there is a fast tele for m4/3, it will live in the third pocket.

There is a outer pocket which holds the filters and also has a velcroed inside pocket that keeps SDHC cards snug and secure. Plus, the flap has a zipped mesh sleeve where various oddments (intervalometer manual, odd pen, spare paper, etc. live)

Bag has a handle which is handy from time to time when moving it around like a handbag but mostly I slip it on using the shoulder strap which keeps both hands free for focusing on what I am trying to capture.

The color is a vivid red (although a bit dirty in these iPhone photos - just back from 10days on very dusty roads) and some people might not like that but it means I am usually very subconsciously aware of where this important possession is and I have never accidentally left it anywhere.

I see a lot of backpacks around but I don't think a backpack would ever 'work' for me as the process is take off backpack, place on dirty ground, open cover, add required lens to body whereas I simply have to pull out body and maybe switch lens and I'm ready. But YMMV.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow