The E-Mount 35mm 1.8 coming out later this year...

Started Jul 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Elite83
Contributing MemberPosts: 835Gear list
Like?
The E-Mount 35mm 1.8 coming out later this year...
Jul 8, 2012

Well, technically the large aperture standard Sony E-Mount lens that is projected to come out sometime late this year, am I the only one actually dying to get ahold of this lens?

I haven't heard much talk about it, but I constantly see threads about the pancake zoom and Sony G zoom... I want an OSS equipped prime lens for my mirrorless beauty, but the long 50mm focal length has quite a few limitations, low light indoors particularly. It also only takes chest-up portraits unless you stand rather far away-- which isn't always possible.

Of course the short-telephoto 50mm length in a wide aperture lens does have quite a few advantages too, but for my needs I see myself reaching for a 35mm over my 50mm more often than not.

Do you think the large aperture standard will have OSS? And do you think that it will cost quite a bit more than the 50 1.8?

I realize the 50 has OSS and a metal barrel etc. etc... But it is almost 2X more expensive than the Alpha 50 1.8! I really do hope that the NEX 35mm isn't going to be much more expensive, I thought $300 was a bit on the high side considering its just regular Sony glass.

Elite83's gear list:Elite83's gear list
Canon PowerShot S110 Sony Alpha NEX-5 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow